Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Monday, July 5, 2010

A Whole Lot of Shenanigans


Hello, Liz again!

I grabbed lunch at Panera with my friend Kelsey. She got mac and cheese and I got the You Pick Two with the ham and swiss sandwich and greek salad. Both were delicious although my sandwich kept slipping out of place. I also had coffee. Because in my life it is always one of those days.

Lunch was followed by some Borders shenanigans. Where I bought this:

Oh yeah.

Yes, that would be TruBlood. It tasted pretty good. And the bottle keeps that sweet red tint after the liquid is gone. Score!


Dinner was another BBQ tonight. We had a HUGE spread for the four of use. On the menu:

BBQ Pork Chops (with my dad's special sauce)
Sweet Potato Casserole
Caramelized Onions
Sauteed Bell Peppers
Breaded Zucchini
Baked Beans

Here are some pictures from the cooking process.


Fry baby fry!


I kind of like onions.

Once the cooking ended the eating commenced.

The goods.



My plate. Plus more casserole.

After dinner Jen and I hit up the gym for some cardio and weights. We did 30 minutes on the treadmill while gossiping the pounds away. I related to her stories of my disastrous trip on our local pool's lazy river. Let's just say the float and me did not agree as to what upright was. After cardio we did legs, arms, and abs. Everything hurts, but oh so good!

I'm headed to read a bit and then go to bed. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment