Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Too Much Excitement


Hey, it's Liz!

There has been too much excitement today. First, I got my "So You Think You Can Dance" workout DVD in the mail yesterday and today was the day to give it a go. The verdict?

Holy. Twitch.




This workout DVD was AH-MAZING. Seriously, and Twitch's routine was particularly good. I went back after the jazz routine and went through the entire thing a second time. It was that good. I didn't do the cha-cha routine (Twitch took my attention) but I am sure it will be amazing. Especially if instructor Dimitri is not wearing a shirt. God, I really hope he will not be wearing a shirt ;-)

After working out I set out to make my second dose of excitement- Zucchini and Feta Cheese Frittata. It is from the French Women Do Not Get Fat Cookbook. I love that entire series and I may or may not have nearly missed a class to pick it up on the day it came out. The recipe is simple and since I had all the ingredients on hand- even simpler!

Zucchini and Feta Cheese Frittata

6 eggs
1 zucchini
4 oz cheese
salt
pepper

Preheat the broiler. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour into heated cast-iron skillet. Swirl the pan around to distribute the egg and let cook for five minutes, lifting the edges initially to let the egg run under. Once bottom is set put in the oven and broil until the egg is set and the top is golden brown.


Unappetizing Picture- I swear it tastes good

The recipe serves four so I had once slice with a bowl of cut up peaches and plums. I made a mess cutting them on the counter. I was saved by a paper towel.


Fruit. Enough said.

Then there was coffee. A very big cup of coffee.


Now, on to the real excitement! While eating said lunch I am watching Full House and have been reminded as to how attractive Uncle Jesse is. Seriously? How do I not remember this from my childhood?? That guy is a fox.

Now, to add some excitement to your day:


I know I'm ridiculously good looking.

You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment