Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mimosa Soup

This weekend I went home for Easter and I ended up eating my weight in: reubens, sweet potato fries, parmesan pork tenderloin, prime rib roast, sauerkraut, ham and about a dozen pound-cake-eggs.

Yes, I did just tell you everything I ate this weekend.  Thankfully I'm sparing you a full play-by-play.  I'd need pictures for that.

I'm assuming most of you had a similarly indulgent weekend.  If not, well, then you're a better person than me.  I enjoyed all my favorite foods with reckless abandon, and while I regret nothing (except for maybe that 12th pound-cake-egg) I do want to eat a bit lighter now.  This soup is the perfect remedy for any indulgent weekend.  It's chock full of vegetables and requires very little actual work.  The soup has to cook for about an hour, but the work before is minimal.

Oh, and it tastes good.


Mimosa Soup

1/2 pound celeriac
1/2 pound carrots
1/2 pound turnips
2 leeks
1 head cabbage
1 head lettuce


Directions:


Roughly chop everything but the cabbage and lettuce and put in a large stockpot.  Cover with water and bring to a boil.  Cook for 40 minutes.  Add the cabbage and lettuce, cook for an additional 15 minutes.


Put the soup in either a blender or food processor.  Process until smooth, leaving some texture.  If in an apartment, wince at what your neighbors must be thinking as you sound like you're grinding body parts in your kitchen.


Ladle into bowls and serve.


Source:  French Women Don't Get Fat

30 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a weekend filled with delicious foods!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely did :D Hope you had a nice Easter!

      Delete
  2. Definitely trying this recipe! I'm on a lookout for soups not that Falls is finally around the corner here in Argentina ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I admit that I too ate excessively this weekend. Must go buy ingredients for soup. It sounds good. Hey, I just looked at your exercise log, and it told me a lot about you. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You are a very busy young lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I have been way lax on that lately. Hoping to start it up again soon!

      Delete
  4. Put the soup in either a blender or food processor. Process until smooth, leaving some texture. If in an apartment, wince at what your neighbors must be thinking as you sound like you're grinding body parts in your kitchen.
    black salwar suit for ladies ,
    black salwar kameez for ladies ,

    ReplyDelete
  5. check my bloghave a peek at this website useful referencelook at this website great post to readofficial statement

    ReplyDelete