Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Par-Tay!!

Hello everyone! Liz here :-D

Let's see, I started off my afternoon with some leftovers from Cooper's Hawk. I had a mini filet burger, potato skin filled with lobster, and half of a crab cake. I know, the selection is pretty random but it did come off of an appetizer sampler.


Random Eats.

After lunch I began preparations for my party by making the base for my oreo cupcakes. It is pretty much a basic chocolate cupcake. I measured out all of the ingredients beforehand so that the actual baking was a cinch.



The measured goods.


Cupcakes coming out of the oven!


Cupcakes on the loose.

As you can see, the cupcakes took over my kitchen. And it did not end there. Whipped cream was made next and the whipping cream stood up against the formidable mixmaster.


Don't mess with me!

The whipping cream did not stand a chance.



After the mixmaster had its fun the cupcakes met the whipping cream. Things got a bit saucy and this happened:


And they all lived happily ever after.

Once the cupcakes were tamed I set to making the appetizers. I made a simple bruschetta and then paired focaccia strips with Camambert cheese.





Then some pasta.



Everyone came and then everyone ate. They all took seconds which I presume means that it was good ;-)

After dinner we all watched Glee and agreed that Rachel's hair got better as the season went on. We also agreed that we wished we had had high school teachers like Mr. Schue. Class would have been SO much better.

Well, now that I have finished my mountain of dishes I am off to bed!

Coming tomorrow: Pool Adventures and a Trip to Whole Foods :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment