Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Friday, July 2, 2010

Nuts about French Toast

Jen here and I just got finished from eating an old classic which I haven't had in quite some time-- french toast. And boy was it good! I figured it was time to have something other than just eggs, oats or cereal. I've gotta admit it was a nice change. Too bad I'll be burning it all of when I'm working out with Liz in a little over an hour.

1 egg
1/3-1/2 of soy milk
2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp of cinnamon

Mix and soak bread.

On top of the French toast I added some crushed pecans, some dried cranberries and just a little bit of light syrup.

Although the french toast was good, what made it so much better was the cup of cubed mangos and sliced strawberries. They were both so sweet that sugar was completely unnecessary. It was like being in heaven, well if heaven is covered in fruit.

Well I'm off ready for working out with Liz and our Summer Shape Up routine. I probably will have only time to post lunch because I will be visiting my boyfriend for some early fireworks. Enjoy your weekend loves.


No comments:

Post a Comment