Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Monday, July 5, 2010

Weekend Recap



Hello!

Here is a quick recap of what I ate for breakfast today.


Strawberry Banana Smoothie and French Peasant Bread with butter

It was delicious except for the one frozen strawberry that escaped the blender's, well, blending. That tasted kind of nasty. Now, on to the exciting stuff...

So..epic fail on this weekend, huh? Contrary to what my lack of posting on this blog might say, I did actually eat. Here are a few highlights of my weekend:


Chocolate Chip Waffles. It was my first time- oh, the memories


Frappe: Delicious Coffee Goodness

And then the Fourth of July came along. What to do? Well, the only real logical thing to do on such a day was barbecue. And that is exactly what we did. A couple friends and I raided one our houses and set to making what can only be described as a bash of a Fourth of July celebration.

On the menu was:

Burgers
Caramelized Onions
Potato Salad
Chips
Vanilla Yogurt Parfaits
Chocolate Caramel Chip Pudding


The burgers cooking away.




Me getting my vogue on with the caramelizing onions.


The table prior to burger action.

We ate. We gabbed. We acquired those wonderful stomach aches when you have literally stuffed yourself to the gills. It was wonderful. After cleaning up we all headed to the fireworks show.


FIREWORKS!

After the fireworks we went back to my friends house. There may have been more shenanigans involving chocolate pudding and a seriously intense game of bananagrams. But, my lips are sealed ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment