Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Friday, July 16, 2010

How You Dune

This pictures illustrates my excitement for our Dunes Trip.

We left around 10:00 and got to the Dunes near 11:30. To get to the beach we had to walk through a wooded area. It was beautiful but, man, was it a hard walk. Flip flops really do not suffice for a difficult wooded walk. And that sand- hot, hot, HOT!


Once at the beach we swam, played, took part in general frolicking. We all ate after a bit.


And then set on creating a sand wedding cake.

Group Picture :-D

After the beach we headed out for something sweet and cold. We ended up at Scoops in Michigan City. I ordered a Strawberry Smoothie but was a little disappointed to see a whole bunch of fruit syrup go into the blender. It ended up being a bit too sweet for my liking and I drank about half of it.

Anyhoo, I just finished my dinner of homemade manicotti and meatballs and am exhausted! I forget how tired the sun makes me. I'm in the middle of an episode of Chopped (it is INTENSE) and will probably do a little reading before bed once it is finished. I'm excited to start the new Emily Giffin book Matters of the Heart!!

What are you reading now?

3 comments:

  1. that looks like the perfect day! You'll have to let us know how the book is- I always love a new recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day at the beach looks wonderful! I loved your sand wedding cake! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you for commenting! And Simply Life, I will definitely post a review of the book :-) I have to admit, though, that the title is actually "The Heart of the Matter". I was having a space cadet moment when I wrote that, haha.

    ReplyDelete