Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Monday, July 12, 2010

Insanity!

So Jen here and oh boy am I pooped! I did an Insanity workout today and my abs are burning still! My friend Danielle and I decided to do the Cardio Abs because our love handles were bugging us. I almost regret suggesting it but fortunately Shaun T is good looking so it made the workout almost bearable. Ha.

After that workout Danielle and I took a nice walk and then laid out on my lawn with a hefty glass of green tea. I wasn't hungry right after my workout which is unusual but my breakfast was full of protein and was quite filing.

Scrambled eggs (or rather omelet turned to scrambled eggs) -_-; with spinach, tomatoes, and onions. Cherries (I have been eating them all day!) and a piece of wheat toast with my grandmother's homemade strawberry jam. It's from grandma so of course it is fabulous.
After Danielle and I finished laying out I made myself another protein enriched meal with a grilled vegetable boca burger on an Arnold Sandwich Thin with romaine lettuce and a teaspoon of veggie dip. I also made a cucumber and tomato salad for a side.

For the salad:

1 cup cucumbers
1/2 tomatoes
1 tsp of olive oil
1 tsp red wine vinegar
pinch of oregano
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp diced onions
salt and pepper to taste



Delicious!

Now that I'm stuffed I dove in a new cookbook my mother bought me 'Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book'. It covers a lot of the basics but I love that it contains so many vegetarian recipes!

See you all tonight after dinner!

Does anyone have any great vegetarian cookbooks they recommend?

2 comments:

  1. I love Eat, Drink and Be Vegan. I've made more recipes out of that cookbook than any other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'll definitely see if I can find it!

    And thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete