Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Relaxing, at last!

So Liz has obviously enjoyed herself this weekend from the looks of it. Unfortunately I did not have nearly as many opportunities to post as I would have liked. So recap from this weekend:

Friday: I did 40 minutes of cardio plus abs on one of the mats in the back of the gym. For some reason I feel like a child being put in a time out with how the mats are laid out in this little corner. Oh well, at least it kept me focused. After I worked out I had a wonderful breakfast consisting of baby carrots, veggie dip, cherries and a turkey and lettuce on Arnold Sandwich Thins.
There were more carrots on the plate before but...I got hungry waiting for my camera to charge.
As I ate the delicious meal I sat outside, tanning and reading Bethenny Frankel's 'Naturally Thin'. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the whole meal and it was even better with a good book and the beautiful weather.

I didn't realize how large the sunglasses actually were until now!

Of course after that was the Whole Foods trip.

Saturday: I started my day bright and early because I wanted to get a workout in before I went to work. That just sounds a bit redundant but alas. My workout was short only 35 minutes of cardio but after running 3.5 miles, I was perfectly okay with finishing after that amount of time. I did find myself playing the numbers game with the treadmill. I kept wanting to hit 400 calories or so-and-so distance. It was a great way to challenge myself though!

Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of my breakfast for Saturday but I assure you, it was nothing special. Just a staple bowl of old fashioned oats with brown sugar, almond extract and organic peanut butter.

For lunch I had to eat on the go and brought a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Clif Bar, cherries and an apple. The best part of the meal was definitely the Clif Bar (great suggestion Liz =] ).


For dinner I ate at my boyfriend's graduation party and I pretty much inhaled the entire spread. No picture unfortunately but I can tell you it consisted of; 3 different types of salad, lemon chicken, pasta, assorted fruit and veggies and lots of chocolate (you can probably guess which one I splurged on).

Sunday: Wohoo! Finally caught up to today! I spent the night with the boy and everyone else who was too intoxicated to go home. I fortunately was well-behaved :) This morning I munched on a sesame seed bagel with a little butter before driving home and then going off to work. I can only assume ya'll know what a sesame seed bagel looks like. (Yes, I did say ya'll. My dad's from Georgia so it's a habit). For lunch I had some granola with cherries and watermelon and then for dinner I had a glorious piece of pizza from Girodano's. Spinach = LOVE!



I didn't have a slice this large but just to give you an idea.

So now, I'm going to trounce off to a grad party (Notice I said trounce, but I really mean forced). And then maybe a walk with Lynn. See you all tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

  1. Love that you had lunch for bfast! That exact meal is my go-to lunch in the summertime. I love cherries, carrots and hummus (been smearing on anything and everything lately!) and turkey sandwiches. So easy, so good :) Oh and I read Naturally Thin TWICE. Learned a lot. Still can't totally follow all the tips (I'm a work in progress!), but BF makes so many good points. I love how she's like: You can have it all, just not all at once. WHAT ARE YOU TWELVE?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished it today and wow, it was awesome! I love the philosophy that she had about how your body is like balancing a bank account! It really gave me a great outlook of what I was putting into my body! And I second the point about the hummus! I have probably ate half of the tub I bought from Costco in the last week!

    ReplyDelete