Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer of Blueberries

Hi there. It's Jen!

Today started as any summer day would-- super hot and feeling a little lazy. So that being said I decided that a cereal was the best way to go and I poured myself a bowl of Special K with Strawberries with vanilla soy milk. That combo was definitely a staple for me when I was in the dorms and had to deal with disgusting dorm food. On the side I had a cup filled with blueberries.


The grand total before I managed to find used books, nearly made me cry as well as my credit card.

I worked out for about an hour and a half with my friend Mary at her home because she has a bowflex! We also did one of my workout DVD's abs. One great but aching 16 minute ab session! We also went on an hour walk in the killer humidity and then bowflexed for about 30 minutes. Let me tell you, I can feel the burn!

I decided to hold off on lunch for awhile because I needed to do some serious food shopping. After all was said and done I made myself a delicious Strawberry Greek Yogurt parfait. It was topped with Muesli and frozen mixed berries.


I made the mistake by eating too much of the yogurt before I made it to the muesli so I wound up adding soy milk to it. It was really filling and held me up until dinner.


Tequila lime marinated chicken, white rice, green beans and sourdough. Carbs galore!

I gave my mom a nice little applause for this meal, and an even bigger one because she bought extra chicken for leftovers.

So the agenda for tonight is watching the show 'Huge' which is oddly a really good show and it also inspires me to work my butt off (possibly literally) even harder! So tonight I may be squeezing in a cardio dance routine because I feel the need to shake my booty. ;)

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment