Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lovin' The Vegetarian

So Jen here and today even after breakfast I was still feeling a little under the weather. I don't know what I had but I felt like my head and my stomach were having some miscommunication yesterday in terms that one was speaking morris code and the other sign language. I'm feeling a tad better but not 100%.

For lunch I decided to take it easy on my stomach still and made myself a pasta and shrimp salad with a side of spinach. It was light and fresh and while it filled me up, I didn't feel like I was going to heave. Good sign!

The pasta was simply tossed in a little olive oil with the shrimp, minced onions and diced tomatoes. I really enjoyed the simplicity and the fact it was very summery. I really dislike eating heavy things during the hot months because I feel weighed down.

What's your favorite summer time meal?

After lunch I ventured to a friends to watch the movie 'Atlantis: The Lost Empire' by Disney. It is amazing how many things you miss when you are a child! My friends and I were racking up the death count purely because well it's surprisingly how many people Disney killed off to make a point. So when you think about it Disney is actually very sadistic. Alas it is Disney so it is very difficult to hate it.

And of course I appreciated the movie more because it had strong female characters. Yay for no hopeless princesses!

So after all was said and done, I returned home to dinner to find a Boca: Original Vegan burger waiting for me at the table. I am so proud of my parents for respecting the fact I dislike eating a lot of red meat. My friend Lynn would smack me for saying that...Shh!

I topped the burger off with a little ketchup, some onions and as a side I had some pretzels and a very large fruit bowl (red grapes, mangoes and watermelon).

To end the night I had a large cup of iced coffee which in retrospective wasn't too smart because it is 11 o'clock at night and I am nowhere near ready to go to bed. I think instead I'll go on my treadmill and walk a little. Maybe read a cooking book :)

Have a good night.
xoxo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment