Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Cleaning

Good morning :-D It's Liz here and I am so excited for all the cleaning I will be doing this afternoon! Sense the sarcasm???

I know that cleaning is a necessary evil and I do feel good afterwards (ha-this almost sounds like an exercise mantra) but the actual cleaning is just not fun. And today is comprised of going through all of my bedroom drawers to make donation bags. I have not opened some of these drawers since high school. Oh dear.

Anyhoo, let's talk about breakfast. I had cereal (Aldi's Raisin Bran Crunch), coffee, and a smoothie.


Favorite Mug: I feel like I'm in England when I use it :-)

I had some difficulties with my smoothie this morning. I added strawberries to the mix and these strawberries would not break down in the blender. So, I ended up with large hunks of strawberries which were kind of bitter. At least it looked good :-D



Well, I am off to go empty every drawer in my bedroom! Here's to hoping I don't find something bad!

Is there any chore/task you absolutely hate doing?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the comment :-D

    So far it is not going too poorly, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, college made me crazy- living in a tiny dorm room and then a tiny apartment made me clean obsessively just because when you live somewhere really small if there's a little bit of mess it feels like it's invading. But... now I'm graduated and in my big house and after 10 1/2 hours of work on Saturday I... stayed in and cleaned. Because it made me feel better. It was weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I was pretty clean when I was in school but when I come home all of that organization goes out the window, haha.

    Thanks for the comment :-D

    ReplyDelete