Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Bit of An Obsession

So Jen here, and I have been having quite the obsession with mangoes as of late. I've always like them but for some reason since I got mango chunks from Aldi, I have been eating them every chance I get. They are so dang tasty I can't help it.

Meaning, I definitely had mangoes when I got back from my early morning workout. My workout was just cardio today with 20 minutes on the elliptical and 20 on the treadmill. I'm still quite sore from yesterday since I ran 3 miles yesterday night. But I'm perfectly okay with that oddly. What's working out with a little pain too?

After working out I made some delicious breakfast with some protein. Breakfast consisted in a cup of mangoes (come on, you saw this one coming) and a wrap filled with scrambled eggs with onions, tomatoes and spinach.

It looks unattractive but I swear it was fabulous!

The plan for today includes work for 4 hours and then going Liz's to celebrate her birthday with some of her delicious cooking I am sure. I am hoping I manage to make it in time for some leftovers because after four hours of work I will be starving! And then tomorrow will be even better with a trip to Whole Foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment