Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Friday, July 9, 2010

Bottomless Pit

Hello, my name is Liz and I am a bottomless pit.

Okay, that sounds ridiculous, haha. But all joking aside, I am starving this morning. I must not have eaten enough last night because I woke up wanting to eat basically everything in my kitchen. Especially those Oreos left over from the cupcakes.



Don't worry, I resisted.

Instead of the Oreos who were seriously working their siren call, I ate a bowl of granola and a Yoplait Strawberry Shortcake yogurt. Oh. My. Strawberry Shortcake. That yogurt was good. Seriously, it was creamy and sweet. Granted it has about eighty ingredients that I can't pronounce but, oh, was it good!




Note the coffee :-)

After all of that, though, I was still hungry. And the Oreos tempted me again. To fight off my ridiculous sweet tooth I pulled out the big guns.



Yes, that is chickpea salad. It's from last night and tossed with a balsamic basil vinaigrette. I figured Oreos would just taste weird after such a salad. And chickpeas are filling.

The chickpeas worked like a charm and now I am no longer starving. But, I do have to leave for the pool in about twenty minutes. Time to go do a few sit-ups and then throw on my bathing suit! I'll see you all later today!

Coming Up: Pictures from the pool AND Jen and my Whole Foods adventures

1 comment: