Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Odd Encounters

Hello!

Jen and I went to the gym this afternoon and it was quite the experience. More on that later, though. First I need to tell you all about my lunch!

I made myself a veggie burger salad. I started with a small bed of spinach and put one cooked veggie patty on top. I then cut up three or four baby carrots and added it along with some crumbled feta. This was SO. GOOD. It was light but still filled me up.




All done.
On the side I had one slice of Cinnamon Raisin bread.

Anyway, back to the gym. Jen and I planned on doing an hour walking workout so we headed over to the treadmills. Luckilly we found two that were open and hopped on. There was a man on a stairmaster next to Jen and he was the most AWKWARD gym person I have ever encountered. He sang along with his music. He grunted and coughed. He worked the machine from ALL angles. I was never so happy than when he left!

Have you ever encountered odd people at the gym??

We did our one hour workout and, oh boy, am I sore. Who knew that an hour of walking (fast at an incline, of course) could be so painful?? Turned out Jen and I both wanted to quit at 45 minutes but both of us were too proud to ask the other, haha. We both were dying those last fifteen minutes!

Well, I have to shower and get ready for dinner with my grandparents! I will see you all after dinner :-D


2 comments:

  1. i haven't been to the gym in a long time but i do remember some weirdos. makes it interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veggie burger on a salad never fails me. Cinnaraisin bread too.

    ReplyDelete