Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Operation Rummage


So this morning was definitely a rummage through the good ol' pantry and fridge when I woke up. I actually didn't sleep much more than I usually would even with the lack of sleep over vacation. However, I don't think I noticed that much since almost every morning was accompanied by some coffee. It was a great jump start to a morning routine but I am going to try not to make a habit of it.

For breakfast I made myself something very similar to Liz's although mine was not of the overnight style oats. I must admit I am a bit afraid of making them mostly because I have the curse of messing up even the most simplest of recipes.

I think I need to take a cooking class.

Or multiple classes...yeah that might be a better plan.

Anyway... I made myself a heaping bowl of oatmeal with a little vanilla soy milk and walnuts. Yum! But I wasn't feeling fully satisfied so I used the rest of the farmer's market blueberries and some frozen blackberries and raspberries and made a smoothie. Unfortunately my blender was not behaving itself so I found a few chunks of the frozen fruit escaped the blender. Obviously they were on a different agenda.


After breakfast my mom and I went shopping! School shopping to be exact! For some reason I love back to school shopping. I love walking through Office Max searching for binders and folders that coordinate and organizing everything. It is one of the joys of my life. I will be quite sad when I can't do it anymore.

Oh well when I have children I can go hog wild!

Speaking of going wild, I certainly did when it came to adding the vegetables to my scrambled eggs for lunch. I was in one of the moods when the only good thing that sounded good, and that was left in the fridge were eggs and a lot of veggies.

Onto the beautifulness that is my pile (and I do mean pile of eggs with green peppers, tomatoes and onions)


This really was a large plate of eggs but I reasoned the protein would keep me full at work. Which it did so score!

Well I will see you all around dinner in which I will be having a Boca burger with other various sides :)

No comments:

Post a Comment