Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Top 5 Fictional Boyfriends

Anyone who reads this blog regularly (or even stops by occasionally) knows that I watch a lot of television.  I once had a running total of eight shows that I was religiously watching.  It's a wonder I managed any actual social interaction.

Growing up, I used to always dream of dating the guys from my favorite shows.  I pretended I was going on badass missions with Vaughn from Alias or roughing it on a stranded island with Jack from Lost.  As I've gotten older, I haven't stopped falling for my fictional men.

Without further adieu, I bring you my top five fictional boyfriends.

Logan Huntzberger from Gilmore Girls



Oh, Logan Huntzberger.  He is he perfect combination of charm and wit with just a smidge of douchebag thrown in for good measure.  Pretty much the perfect man. 

The Doctor from Doctor Who


First off, check out that hair -- it is tousled perfection.  I absolutely love the Doctor in all of his regenerations, but Ten will always have a special place in my heart.  He wears snazzy pinstripe suits with Chucks, and it just WORKS.  Plus he has that nifty blue box that can travel anywhere in time and space.  

Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer


Before I started this show, I was a complete Angel girl.  I mean, David Boreanz is sexy (hello, Seeley Booth!) and this guy has peroxide hair.  What even?!  But then I actually watched the show and quickly switched to team Spike.  I mean, look at that face.  And those cheekbones.  Seriously.  What even?!

Fitzwilliam Darcy from BBC's Pride & Prejudice 


Yes, that is a wet Colin Firth.  You're welcome.  I firmly believe that no fictional boyfriend list is complete without Mr. Darcy.  So, here you go.

Seth Cohen from The O.C.


The male equivalent of adorkable, Seth Cohen is everything I would realistically want in a man.  He may not have a traveling telephone box like the Doctor or Logan Huntzberger's trust fund, but I bet you anything he could hold his own in a geek-off.  Plus, he has a sexy jew fro.

Who are your top fictional boyfriends?  

6 comments:

  1. Mr. Darcy and Seth Cohen.......yessssss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we met some of these men at the bar last night! lol

      Delete
  2. Totally agree with you!! Those are awesome choices. I agree with all of them except the Dr. Who one (but only b/c I've never seen Dr. Who).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh, you have to watch Dr. Who!! I know it seems like an uber-dorky show to watch, but it is so good. And the Doctor--so very swoon worthy.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gracious, Mr. Darcy was mine and my sister's favorite! We loved the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice... still love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fantastic?! I mean..so is the original (back in the 40s) and the Keira Knightly one, too. But the BBC is a classic. So many awesome parts.

      Delete