Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Soba Noodles with Tofu and Kale

I hope you all enjoyed the bar edition of Pet Peeve Wednesday, yesterday.  I had a little too much fun writing that, but people just get themselves into some major shenanigans when they go out.  And if I can't make fun of them, then what is life really for?

Anyway, moving on.  About five minutes after I posted yesterday, I found the most delightful photo gallery at HelloGiggles that featured various celebrities partaking in some pretty sweet photo bombs.  Just to give you a little taste of what's beyond that link, behold Tina Fey: Photo Bombing Boss.


Seriously funny stuff, guys.  Check it out.

Now, moving on to the real point of this post, I feel sort of weird following up cakes and truffles with such a healthy recipe.  I mean, this has kale in it.  I love kale, but I always feel like some virtuous bunny when I eat it.  


Healthy specs be damned, though, because this recipe is freaking awesome.  It is so good that I ate the entire thing for dinner.  Then made it again an hour later to bring to work the next day.

And we all know how much I hate washing more dishes.

Make this now.  Not tomorrow.  Not next week.  Now.

Err..you could probably wait until lunch.

Soba Noodles with Tofu and Kale

 Ingredients:


Soba Noodles
Kale
Tofu, bite sized pieces
Ginger-Sesame Dressing


Directions:


Start off by preparing your tofu.  Broil it in the oven for 10 minutes, flip the tofu.  Broil for an additional five minutes and then remove from the oven.


For the kale, heat one tbsp of oil in a saute pan.  Add the kale and cook until it turns bright green, one minute.  Add 1/2 cup of water and let the kale simmer.  Cook until the water has been absorbed, roughly 10-15 minutes.


Meanwhile, prepare the soba noodles.  Bring water to a boil and add the soba noodles.  Cook for 5 minutes, then remove.  


Combine all ingredients and add the sauce.  Give everything a little stir, and prepare for your tastebuds to sing.

7 comments:

  1. Grr..I was THIS close to buying soba noodles on Tuesday. They are naturally gluten free! I also have tofu and kale sitting in my fridge. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could definitely make this with any other sort of grain that you have. Quinoa would probably be pretty good...and it's maybe gluten free? I'm not good at knowing that type of stuff! lol

      Delete
  2. I LOVE soba noodles and this looks like the perfect way to enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete