Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chickpea Poppers

Hiya friends.  This is going to be a quick post because I'm a bit under the weather.  Just last week I was happily remarking to my parents that I hadn't gotten sick all school year.  Karma's a you-know-what.

This week I found myself in a food rut and wanted to make something different for dinner.  Earlier in the week I had cooked up some chickpeas (I used dried) and I started thinking up different ways I could use them.  These chickpea poppers are like healthier chicken nuggets.  They're fun to eat and nutritious to boot.  These were my dinner along with some curried cauliflower.  They'd be great as a party appetizer, too, though!

Chickpea Poppers


Ingredients:


1 cup chickpeas
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup breadcrumbs


Directions:


Preheat oven to 375


Combine all the ingredients in a food processor.  Process until all of the ingredients are mixed together. Make sure to not completely macerate the chickpeas--you want some texture.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.  Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.


Before I sign off, I want to do a quick little shout-out for my Aunt's blog.  She's doing a 40-day fast for Lent and is blogging about it over at Writing on Faith.  The posts are really interesting and she, of course, is awesome.  Make sure to stop by!

6 comments:

  1. lots of vitamin c :) what are you dipping that in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BBQ sauce -- it's be good with pretty much any sauce, though. The flavors in the poppers themselves are pretty neutral.

      Delete
  2. Oh ya, the flu's gotten to me too, and I was down with it for the whole of last week too, so I totally know how it feels;) Do get well soon, so you can share more interesting recipes :D
    Take good care ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm feeling better, so let's hope it sticks!

      Delete