Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Monday, February 6, 2012

Downtown Abbey Love

Hello.

My name is Liz and I am addicted to Downtown Abbey.



Do you watch this show yet? If you answered no, then you have some explaining to do. Downtown Abbey is the soapiest dish without any guilty residue. It's funny. Heartbreaking. Clever. And so British.

If you're an anglophile like myself-and let's face it, you probably are-then it is time to jump on the Downtown Abbey bandwagon. Don't be afraid. We have tea and crumpets here. Still not convinced? Let me present my top five reasons to move Downtown.

1. Mystery and Intrigue- The base of any good show. Downtown has it in spades.

2. Attractive Englishmen - Does this need an explanation?

3. Attractive Englishmen with English accents - Just in case the point above did not hit home.

4. Dame Maggie Smith - This woman is a bamf. Don't believe me? Watch just one episode.

5. A Whole New World - Downtown Abbey is a gateway show. It will open up an entire new world of Masterpiece and BBC wonder. And that is reason enough to watch!

Already watch Downtown Abbey? I found this fantastic article on HelloGiggles with lots of fun recommendations for shows to watch! Most of them are on Netflix instant, too!

So, no more excuses people! Get your English Breakfast tea, your comfiest seat and start watching!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this show but maybe it's time to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should!! Gotta warn you though--it's addictive!

      Delete
  2. Hello.This post was really remarkable, especially since I was browsing for thoughts on this issue last Saturday.
    DC Alley Snowboard Pant - Women's

    ReplyDelete