Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dark Chocolate Truffles

I realized many things this weekend. First off, for weeks now I have been talking about this fantastic show on PBS Masterpiece Theater called Downton Abbey.

Only I was calling it DownTOWN Abbey. I even wrote an entire post about it, where I misspelled the name between proclamations of my undying love and why everyone should watch the show. I sort of want to go back and change it, but it's such a prime example of my occasional stupidity that I feel bad fixing it. Plus, I like evidence for my anecdotes.

I also made these fantastic truffles, and subsequently realized that if you have a dozen or so truffles chilling in your freezer, you will eat them. Most likely while huddled on your couch on a Sunday night watching Downton Abbey and realizing that you are incapable of spelling. The truffles help with that.

Dark Chocolate Truffles


1/4 cup whipping cream
5 oz semi sweet chocolate
1 tbsp butter, room temperature
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

Bring the whipping cream to a boil. Stir in the chocolate and mix until incorporated. Stir in
the pad of butter and then pour into a small bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, making sure it comes into contact with ALL of the ganache. Put in the freezer for at least an hour.

Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl. Using a melon baller, scoop out small rounds of the thoroughly chilled ganache. Place the ganache ball on the tines of a fork and dip into the chocolate. Let harden on a cookie sheet covered with either parchment paper or tin foil. Keep refrigerated or frozen until serving.

Yes, I am willingly showing you all how messy my freezer is. Think of it as retribution for me annoying you to watch a show without knowing its proper spelling.

And hey--isn't today that day where people exchange cards and candy? I think they call it Valentines Day? Or Singles Awareness Day? Anyhoo, I'm spending mine by being in class all day and then watching TV with my leftover chili. Sexy.

You guys have any hot dates? Feel free to gush in the comments section and make me jealous.

3 comments:

  1. Haha my freezer looks like yours.... Or worse! I need to organize it ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really need to organize mine. Does this mean that I will? Probably not. lol

      Delete
  2. It seems wonderful!
    I loved your blog, I'll keep watching! kisses.

    ReplyDelete