Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Friday, August 27, 2010

Sweet Sixteen


So you know how I said I was going to work on getting all of my homework done this morning? Well...that didn't exactly happen because I got distracted by MTV.

Normally I do not like the channel in the slightest but something got over me when I saw the show 'Sweet Sixteen'. I was shocked how much these teens spent.

Maybe it is because I am older and wiser now and $300,000 seems like way too much to spend on a party. If I had that kind of money lying around I would definitely be using it for something more long-term. A little shopping of course would be included but not that much. I am a girl of course. You do the math.

Which prompts me to my next question; Did you have a sweet sixteen and if you did what was your favorite part of it?

As I was watching the show I ate my lunch which was an Insalata Caprese with spinach leaves instead of basil. I didn't have homemade Mozzarella so I just cut up a low-fat cheese stick and melted it on top of the tomatoes.

Seeing as I had just gotten back from my hour workout or running two hours and doing weights, I was still starving. It felt more like a snack and less like part of a meal. So I also had a cup of yogurt which I added a tbs of chocolate protein powder topped with Special K Almond cereal.


Now it may have been because I just got back from working out or the fact I just was starving, but I was hungry about two hours later so there is an unpictured apple.

Fortunately the apple filled me up aftwerward so I managed to complete one homework assignment while staying full and focused.



No comments:

Post a Comment