Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Banana Walnut Oatmeal

Hi all, Jen here!

Despite the weather being ridiculously hot, that did not stop me from having a bowl of oatmeal this morning. Usually I'd prefer having just cereal or something light when I know I will be outside in the heat for awhile and will be walking around a lot. I tend to feel weighed down otherwise.

Like I said though, today was a bit unusual but it was totally worth it. On my oatmeal I threw on some walnuts, bananas and then some chia seeds. It was the perfect combination because the bananas became a little soft, almost melting into the oatmeal while the walnuts and chia seeds gave it some great texture. I am going to try this combination with some Overnight Oats because then I can get the best of both worlds: oatmeal and banana-walnut!
I'm making myself hungry.

Even though I just had something to ea which consisted on a green apple with a a side of vanilla yogurt with granola!
I don't know what's with my love for things resembling oatmeal lately, oh well!

But I will guarantee I won't have anything that resembles oatmeal for dinner so expect to see something quite tasty for dinner after that is, once I go grocery shopping to get some staple items.

What is the one item you always buy when grocery shopping?

Perhaps there will be pictures taken of that too. :)

Have a great rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment