Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rigatoni with Sausage, Spinach, and Sun-dried Tomatoes, and


Hello!

I started off my Giada experiment by making a pasta dish of hers and then changing half of the ingredients. Typical. haha So, I guess I sort of made my own recipe.


Rigatoni with Sausage, Spinach, and Sun-dried Tomatoes

Rigatoni Pasta (or anything tubular)
Sausage (I used vegetarian!! SO GOOD)
Spinach
Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Basil
Parmesan Cheese
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Boil the pasta and prepare the sausage. If you are using a vegetarian one you can just zap it in the microwave. Meat eaters? You're gonna have to remove it from the casing and brown the meat. In a sautee pan heat oil and then add the spinach. Once it is wilted add the sun-dried tomatoes. Next, add the boiled pasta and toss with the spinach and sun-dried tomato. Combine with the sausage and then add basil and cheese to your liking.



I was super impressed by this dish because the veggie sausage tasted JUST like Italian sausage. Now, I am an Italian girl and I know what good Italian sausage tastes like. I swear this tasted just like it! My only complaint would be that the texture was a bit soft. Overall, though, I really liked it! I'm excited to try out different meatless meats. I bought some veggie protein crumbles and am excited to try that!

Anyhoo, I hope you all have a wonderful night! I will see you tomorrow with the next recipe :D

No comments:

Post a Comment