Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Giada and I

Everyone has their favorite chef. For some it is Julia. For others it is Rachel or Bobby. My favorite, without a doubt, is Giada.

Best Thing About Giada: All the Faces

I still remember the first show of hers that I saw. She made Baked Penne with Roasted Vegetables and my immediate reaction was: I need to make this. A couple weeks later I made it for my family (the first real meal that I had cooked for them) and it was an instant success.

Since that first afternoon in the kitchen I have made many, many of her recipes. There was the Chicken Marsala that my underage self had to sneak in contraband wine to make. Then the lemon ricotta cookies that were like little pillows and tasted divine. I still have people asking for that recipe.

This school year my goal is to cook through the three Giada cookbooks that I own while still keeping up my generally healthy lifestyle. So-prepare yourself for some delicious, beautiful Italian food. I will of course chronicle my adventures on here for you all to read! Imagine it as another Julie and Julia-but with less swearing.

So, now I want to know who is your favorite chef?

2 comments:

  1. girl, i love giada too! she's so passionate about food...the smells, the sounds, the flavors, the textures! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, that is one of the things that I love most about her show! She is SO into the food :D

    ReplyDelete