Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Strawberries Go With Everything!

Good afternoon! Jen here and I can tell it is getting closer to the start of school because my allergies are terrible. I blame bad DNA for my cursed allergies but alas there is nothing I can do other than carrying a box of kleenex and cradle my bottle of Zyrtec.

Fortunately I haven't been too preoccupied with the allergies and have instead kept myself busy by cleaning and looking up new recipes.

Does anyone else clean when they are bored or trying to keep busy?

So while I was keeping myself busy I almost completely forgot about lunch which was weird because I was really looking forward to opening my heaping bag of spinach courtesy of Costco! I guess my breakfast was more filling than I thought.

It was pretty simple consisting of an Arnold Sandwich Thin slabbed in peanut butter and then strawberries. By accident I got a little peanut butter on the strawberries but did I care? Not at all. Oddly enough even with peanut butter the strawberries still were tasty. Leaving the conclusion that if I truly ever get hungry and are left with strawberries and peanut butter I could just eat that.

Heaven forbid if I run out of food besides those two things.

Anywho, once I started my day with strawberries I wanted to continue the pattern and threw them ontop of my spinach with some walnuts. And guess what? I actually had some dairy today, granted I took Lactate but it's better than nothing.
In one of the small cups we had in our alcohol cabinet I dolloped some pineapple upside down cake yogurt and then added some oats to thicken the texture! I think it tasted better because it was in a cute little glass.
There is also a cup of English Breakfast Tea with honey because I think I caught laryngitis so I currently sound like a guy going through puberty.

So for the remainder of the night I am going to relax and with another cup of tea for my throat while of course watching the Food Network and the Cooking Channel :)

See you all after dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment