Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Friday, April 6, 2012

Pho For You

This has been a pretty spectacular week.  I decided on law school.  I started the Couch to 5K program.  And I found out that I am receiving some sort of recognition from my school at our annual Honors Reception.  I have no idea what this "recognition" means but the reception involves food and an open bar.  Thank you, School of Communication, don't mind if I do.

Another part of my spectacular week was this equally spectacular soup.  It's no surprise that I'm a soup lover.  There's just something about it that I find so satisfying.  This one is particularly good with creamy coconut milk and pungent ginger.  Usually I freeze half the batch when I make soup but I don't see myself having any trouble finish off this soup.  I can't get enough of it!

Pho

1 package tofu noodles
4 cups veggie broth
1 cup carrot, sliced
1 cup spinach
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup coconut milk
salt/pepper

Directions:

Rinse tofu noodles and microwave for one minute.  Set aside.

Bring the veggie broth to a boil.  Add the carrots and simmer until tender, 5-8 minutes.  Add in the rest of the ingredients and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.  Pour the soup over the noodles.  


Stuff yo' face.

1 comment:

  1. Law school! Congratulations...what an amazing delicious. And you are a star for being able to study so intently...I was never much of a student.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete