Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pasta with Shrimp and Broccoli

It's the week before finals, and I am about three steps from full blown cray-cray.  If it weren't for coffee and my arsenal of Buffy DVDs, I might just end up locked in my room speaking tongues like Anne Heche.

That's the funny thing about college.  One week you have minimal work, and it's all weekday pub crawls and Big Bang Theory re-runs, and then the next thing you know you have three papers, an exam and four loads of laundry that refuse to wash themselves.


Seriously, why can't laundry wash itself?  Think of all the extra free time you'd have.  The extra quarters.

Anyway, finals week always makes me want to eat myself senseless.  Nothing seems to ease stress better than a hand full of chocolate chips.  Or a cheeseburger and french fries.  There is this local burger joint by me that has THE BEST burgers and fries.  I went there earlier this week and the owner told me that he hadn't seen me in a while. You know you go somewhere too often when the proprietor notices you skip a week.  He also knows my order.  It's like my own personal Luke's Diner.

During finals, I always make a point of cooking a few meals.  Everyone needs to eat, and following my chocolate and cheeseburger binges, I like to know what's going into my body.  This pasta dish is one of my favorites.  I actually ended up making it twice in one week.

Pasta with Shrimp and Broccoli


Ingredients:


1 lb pasta
1/2 lb shrimp
1 cup broccoli
salt/pepper
olive oil


Directions:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Toss broccoli with olive oil, and spread on a baking sheet.  Roast for 10-15 minutes, flip the broccoli, and roast for an additional 5-10 minutes.


Meanwhile, boil the pasta.


Defrost shrimp according to instructions.  Sautee the shrimp in olive oil until cooked, roughly 3-4 minutes.  


Mix the pasta, broccoli and cooked shrimp.  Drizzle with olive oil, parmesan and serve.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I love that you have a place where the owner knows you and knows your order!

    2. I love that you made a Gilmore Girls reference!

    3. This recipe looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete