Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Salted Fudge Brownies

People say that you're either a salty or sweet person. You're either shoveling pretzels in your mouth or double fisting cupcakes. Well, since I tend to do both (on a daily basis--I wish) then I suppose that I lean either way.

I love sugar.

I love salt.

I also love clogged arteries and jiggly thighs.


I found these brownies on Eat, Live, Run and I nearly peed myself. Okay, not really but I think that phrase properly conveys my level of excitement upon finding a recipe for salted fudge brownies. If there were ever a recipe worth spontaneously peeing oneself, it would be these brownies. They are rich and fudgy with the lightest dusting of sea salt on top.

Crazy good.

Salted Fudge Brownies

Ingredients:

1 1/2 sticks of butter
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/4 plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
3 whole eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp sea salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350

Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with foil, letting a bit hang over the edges. Butter the foil. This will make it easy to remove your brownies at the end.

In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate. Add the butter and stir until melted. Fold in the remaining ingredients (up to salt) and pour into a prepared baking dish. Sprinkle generously with the sea salt.

Bake for 35 minutes. Remove and let come to room temperature. Now for the hard part--chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Don't skip this! Cut into squares and enjoy :D

Source: Eat, Live, Run

4 comments: