Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rainy Thursdays

It's a rainy day here in Chicago.


I don't know about you, but there are actually many things that I love about rain. Granted, when I am trudging through the showers to get to work my thoughts don't exactly lean toward the positive, but there is still something about rainy weather that I love. In fact, many somethings.

Adorable Wellies

I bought a pair of these my freshman year of college. Three years later I chose to leave them back in the suburbs when Chicago had its random monsoon month. So smart.

Rain Coats

Who doesn't look good in a trench coat? I'll tell you, absolutely no one! Sadly, not all trench coats come with George Peppard. Le sigh.

TV. Preferably with Colin Firth.

If I'm not braving the elements, I am almost certainly in front of the old tube. Rainy days call for all things British, so there will probably be some Colin Firth. Definitely some Doctor Who. Funny side note, this picture was labeled as Wet Firth. Yes, I giggled.


Tea & Coffee. Yes, there will be both. Don't judge.

What are your favorite rainy day things?

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love those rainboots! I have a pair of polka dot ones that I love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the boots! I also love tea on a rainy day, preferably with a nice little scone. :)

    ReplyDelete