Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Friday, August 3, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Coconut Bars

These bar cookies were truly made with love.  I had a family dinner at my grandparent's house and although my grandma is the queen of cookies (I learned everything I know from her) I volunteered to bring dessert.  

This recipe had me at peanut butter.  And chocolate chip.  And coconut.  

Yowza.


I usually keep a bit of whatever I bake for myself, but I sent the entire batch to my grandparents.  I knew that I would have about zero control with them in the house, and my last doctor's appointment showed me that I need a little control.  Like five pounds worth.

I was more than happy to bring the entire batch and share them with people that I love.  Make these pronto and share with the loved ones in your life!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Coconut Bars

Ingredients:

1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1 cup powdered sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare a 8x8 baking dish.  In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.  Set aside.

In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the sugar, butter and peanut butter.  Add the eggs and vanilla, scraping down the sides.  Put the mixer on low speed and add the flour mixture.  Fold in the chocolate and coconut.

Pour the batter into the baking dish, smoothing it evenly.  Bake 30 minutes, or until the center is browned and the edges darken.


8 comments:

  1. Oh man, these have three of my favorites ingredients! These would be dangerous for me to make with no one else around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG yes, these are my favorite ingredients too! I think I'm going to make them for dessert tonight :) You'll see it appear on ParisLovesPastry.com if I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh, do it!!! They are seriously amazing -- even exceeded my expectations :D

      Delete
  3. Anything with peanut butter and chocolate is a winner in my book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on that itty bitty little control! Peanut Butter. Chocolate. Yowza indeed! ;D ;D

    ReplyDelete