Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

So, this blog hasn't seen an update in nearly a week.  I actually have a legitimate excuse this time unlike the other countless times where I just get too caught up in my Netflix account to actually give a you-know-what about anything else.  On Saturday I moved into my new place for law school and the days before were filled with packing, packing and more packing.  I'm all moved in now, though, and already cooked two full meals.  I am in love with my new kitchen.  It's so spacious and actually has useable counter space.

Today I'm going to share with you some cookies I made for a Hunger Games viewing party.  I was all excited to have baking supplies in the apartment (yay!!) so it goes without saying that baking something was of the GREATEST importance.  What's the point of having a swanky new oven if you don't use it?

I'm really happy these cookies turned out well because for starters, a new oven always has potential to mess with otherwise fool-proof baking.  Also, I may or may not have fudged a bit on the baking soda and not put in the exact amount.  They turned out well enough, though.  And that's good, because we definitely have about two dozen of them in the freezer and will be eating them for weeks.

Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 stick butter, softened
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.  In a separate bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars together.  Mix in the egg.  Pour the flour mixture into the bowl and mix until combined.  Fold in the chocolate chips.

Form 1 tbsp balls of dough and arrange on a prepared baking sheet.  Slightly flatten the dough balls and bake for 8-10 minutes.  The cookies should be browned on the edges but still soft in the center.  

7 comments: