Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pet Peeve Wednesday: Chatty Bathroom People

Earlier this week I was in the bathroom, doing my business, when these two women loudly entered the bathroom. They went to their separate stalls and proceeded to hold a conversation over the towering divider of the bathroom stalls.

Now, call me crazy, but I am someone who firmly believes that the only sounds coming from bathroom stalls should be of the natural variety. Don't talk about the guy from your office who picks all of the banana Laffy Taffys out of the candy bowl. Don't bring up your latest date either, or how that one friend of yours needs to just drop the candy bar and jump on a treadmill. You make everyone else in the bathroom feel uncomfortable while you yammer on as if you were at a coffee shop. Save it for the cubicle. For the sink. At the very least, save it for after the flush.

Seriously people, There is no story that is so pertinent that it needs to be told when your pants are down. Hold the story. Take a dramatic pause. Do whatever you need to, but please, let me pee in peace.

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha I am so guilty of this crime—at least when I'm in the bathroom with one of my good friends. Sometimes the news just can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I've done it at some point, but lately I've been running into it SO much! I just want to be like--wait until you get to the faucet! The story will be just as good, I promise! lol

      Delete
  2. Haha, I always feel so awkward when someone wants to keep talking once you walk into the stall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! Agreed! No talking while in the stall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually LOVE bathroom chat! I think it's hilarious. Such a nice slice of life. (What I don't like, incongruously, is when a housemate comes into the bathroom when I'm brushing my teeth.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I could see that. Its like being a fly on the wall. An awkward fly on the wall, but I see your point, lol. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete