Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Friday, February 24, 2012

Chocolate Mug Cake

Yesterday, I did a bad thing.

I was sitting on my couch watching Ellen when I found myself really wanting something sweet.  Usually I ignore such cravings or shut them up with some frozen grapes.  This was different, though.  Ladies, it was one of those cravings and one of those times, and all I wanted was something warm and comforting.  Maybe some chocolate in there somewhere, too.

I remembered seeing a single serving mug cake on Pinterest.  Not five minutes later, I was standing in front of my microwave, unknowingly embarking on what I can only call a very dangerous journey.

Because, in less than two minutes I had a perfectly moist chocolate cake.


The opportunities for this are seemingly endless.  Cake studded with chocolate or butterscotch chips.  Red velvet.  Funfetti.  Carrot.  See what I did?  I've created a cake monster.

Chocolate Mug Cake

Ingredients:

4 tbsp flour
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
3 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
3 1/2 tbsp milk
splash vanilla extract
3 1/2 tbsp oil

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a large coffee mug.  Pour half into a container for later use.  Microwave for 1-1 1/2 minutes.  Add sprinkles, if desired.

And that's it, folks!  That easy!

14 comments:

  1. Yummy! On Sunday, I might have to try this as well. Today, my blog is also about cooking. Read it at www:evelomoro.blogspot.com Maybe you could link up to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! I'll put your link in tomorrow's post :)

      Delete
  2. This looks so good!! i def want to try it with chocolate chips! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh, me too. I have already have grand plans for the second batch, lol.

      Delete
  3. these always look SO good! We don't have a microwave so I can't make them but really want to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! This is the chocolate chip cookie cake I like: http://www.twentythreeohone.com/2011/08/recipe-45-second-chocolate-chip-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh, will have to check that out! Sounds delish!

      Delete
  5. This is so cute and looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete