Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cold Weather


If you are anything like me, when the cold weather hits I immediately head to my cabinet for soup. Well when I woke up this morning everything was covered in snow. And I don't mean a light covering of snow either. I am talking a good few inches which entails getting ready to go anywhere and accounting for the fact your car is covered!

I have also heard tell that 48/50 states there is snow..wow. What is it like in your area? And do you like the snow?

Back to the food however. This afternoon I have a three hour class so I had to fill up on all sorts of good stuff to hold me over. My lunch included a delicious can of Annie's Low Sodium Butternut Squash soup, a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese, a small handful of crackers and some turkey slices. It was definitely a great cold weather day lunch.

Unfortunately this was not going to be a long post since I have class shortly and then it is off to the gym for the 3rd day running. Let me tell you, our new rec center is absolutely to die for! However it is constantly mobbed with people due to everyone New Year's Resolutions. Hopefully less people come as the year goes on. We'll see :)

Have a great day and stay warm!
xox
Jen

1 comment: