Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Almond Raisin Biscotti

It's a New Year! Have a cookie.

These were a part of my holiday bake-palooza. My family loved them so much that I actually had to make a second batch to furnish my holiday bags after all the only-one-corner-snacking.

They're adapted from a Giada recipe. And you all know my feelings on that one and her recipes. Meaning, you should make them. Like, yesterday.

Almond Raisin Biscotti


Ingredients:

2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup slivered almonds

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until smooth. Sift the flour mixture in two batches, combining with a spatula. Fold in the raisins and slivered almonds.

Take the dough and form it into a log, roughly 1 foot long and 3 inches wide on a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes, until lightly golden.

Let the log cool and then slice it on a diagonal into 1/2 inch slices. Return the sheet to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes. Transfer the biscotti to a wire rack to cool completely.

3 comments:

  1. Loved this recipe, girl!
    Happy New Year!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made biscotti yesterday - I might have to try this kind soon! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! I have never made biscotti...i should try soon, thanks for this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete