Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Grilled Pork Sandwich with Fontina

I have to apologize in advance for the awful pictures that will accompany this post.  I made this sandwich for dinner and took the pictures in that witching hour when each picture you takes get progressively worse, and considering that the first one wasn't all that spectacular, it's not a pretty...well...picture.

Anyway, don't let the subpar pictures fool you.  This sandwich is easily one of the tastiest things that I have made in the past month.  The pork is nice and flavorful, and the basil mayonnaise may just be my new favorite condiment.  And I don't even like mayonnaise.

I used my leftovers from the Herb-crused Pork Chops for this, but you could easily whip up a batch just for these sandwiches.  Believe me, you'll want to have it more than once.

Grilled Pork Sandwich with Fontina




Ingredients:


2 Herb-crusted Pork Chops
1 large baguette, halved and sliced into quarters
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp lemon juice
4 oz fontina cheese, sliced
romaine lettuce


Directions:


In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, basil and lemon juice.  Spread the mixture on both sides of the baguette quarters.  Layer on the cheese, romaine and the pork.  


Source:  Slightly adapted from Giada's Weeknight Meals

7 comments: