Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Taste of Fall: Pumpkin Parfait

I love Fall.

I love the changing leaves.

Crisp weather.

Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

Cozy Coats.

Cozy Sweaters.

To me, Fall is curling up on a couch with a book and tea while swaddled in the warmest, coziest blanket. It's walks through the city with friends. Dinner parties with warm soups and bread pudding. I clearly see it all through rose-tinted, pumpkin-scented glasses, but Fall still truly is my favorite season. And I look forward to it every year.

Now, why isn't it Fall yet??

Pumpkin Parfait

Ingredients:

1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
2 tbsp crushed almonds
4 dates, sliced
slurry of maple syrup

Combine all ingredients and enjoy. Feel free to position yours on the last Harry Potter book, too, and hold a photo shoot. Only makes it taste better ;)

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, where did the summer go? I still want to be sipping smoothies by the pool. But, when Fall officially starts, you better believe I'm busting out the pumpkin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking pumpkin is surely a great thing about autumn :-) This parfait looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete