Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Caramelized Onion and Chickpea Wrap

The past week can be described with one word. Insane. I'm moving into my very first apartment soon (!!!) and my days have been filled with trips to Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, and the host of cleaning supplies in our basement. Hey--why buy 'em when you can shop in your own basement!

While it's been a bit stressful, I'm starting to get really excited. I've never had a place that is completely mine. After living in a dorm room with three other girls, I'm looking forward to the perks of just being on my own.

No sharing the TV.

No fighting for space in a cubicle of a kitchen.

Singing as loudly as I want in the shower.

(Although I did this at the dorm too...)

Using the entire sitting room as a drying area for my Royal Icing Cookies.

(Also did this at the dorm---it's a wonder they liked me)

With all of the pandemonium with moving into the apartment, we really haven't had time to cook here. After several days of powdered soup, I caved and broke out the pots and pans. This came together in about fifteen minutes and surprised even me in how delicious it was. Definitely something I will be whipping up again. Perhaps in the new apartment ;)

Caramelized Onion and Chickpea Wrap

Ingredients:

1 onion, sliced
1/2 cup chickpeas
1 wheat wrap
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter (or Earth Balance)
1 tsp brown sugar

Directions:

Place a saute pan over medium heat. Once it is properly heated, add the oil and butter. When the butter is melted, add the onion. Cook until the onion has reduced. At the end, add the brown sugar and stir.

Pour the chickpeas into the pan an toss with the onions to heat. Next, place the onion-chickpea mixture in the wrap, folding up the bottom and then turning the sides in. Fold the top flap over and then cut at middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment