Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Shows of Summer

One thing that I absolutely love about summer is the extra free time.  While I'm doing some work with a lawyer in the city, I find myself with a lot more hours than when I was in school.  This means several things.  For starters, I actually clean my apartment.  I dusted, scrubbed and windexed the heck out of my apartment and it looks pretty spankin' clean.  All future house guests are grateful, because that bathroom was not pretty before.  Believe me.

I also get to cook more.  Bake more.  Sit on my couch and huff tapioca pudding cups more.  And most importantly, I get to catch up on television.  Some of these are first times while others are repeat offenders.  I love 'em all the same.  Without further adieu, I bring you the shows of summer.

1) Gilmore Girls

This one will always and forever be on any tv show list that I make.  I watch this entire series about three times a year.  It's what I put on when I'm sad.  It's what I put on when I'm doing work and want something in the background.  It is my perfect catch-all-show.

2)  Dawson's Creek


First off, I should start by saying that I am a Joey/Pacey fan.  That's pretty much the first thing anyone will ask you when they hear you watch the show.  I actually can't stand Dawson as a character, but there are so many other wonderful things happening that I can overlook the milquetoast Dawson Leery.  Plus, there are all the awesome 90's overtones.

3) Grey's Anatomy


McDreamy.  McSteamy.  McMan.  This show has a hot doctor for everyone.  Plus, it can make me cry like a two year old who just had their toy stolen.

4) Firefly

It's written by Joss Whedon and has Nathan Fillion in REALLY tight pants.  You really can't go wrong with either of those things.

What are your shows of the summer?

4 comments:

  1. oh Gilmore Girls, such a classic...

    Generally when I watch TV, I watch the Food Network (pretty much anything on it...) or House Hunters International :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love me some Food Network. It always makes me hungry, though!

      Delete
  2. Aaaahhh Gilmore Girls! I love that we share a love of that show!

    ReplyDelete