Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pet Peeve Wednesday

1) I've been waking up with splitting migraines lately.  This is so not a fun thing to have at seven in the morning, when you're trying to get ready for work.  I dropped an entire carton of milk this morning because the room was spinning.  Luckily the cap was still on.  I don't even want to think about me trying to clean up that mess.

2) I also wake up a sweaty mess, because apparently my body doesn't like the ONE cover I sleep with.  So, not only do I have a migraine, but I am clammy and probably smell like the backseat of a taxi.  Sometimes, I even disgust myself.

3)  Friday night the fire alarm went off repeatedly in my building, a random foreign man who wasn't Colin Firth was yelling up and down my floor and my neighbor decided to have a screaming match with her boyfriend at 2 in the morning.  What even?!

4)  Cilantro. I know a lot of you are probably cilantro lovers, but this herb should not exist.  It infiltrates every single Thai or Mexican dish that I eat.  It ALMOST ruined Chipotle for me.  I ordered a burrito bowl with both the cilantro-lime rice and guacamole and nearly gagged.  Holy-cilantro-hell.

5)  I made 2 dozen cupcakes for a party that ended up having a grand total of four people.  Guess who's been double fisting cookies n' cream cupcakes like she doesn't have a care in the world?  Guess who also has been suffering from (not so) mysterious stomachaches?

7 comments:

  1. Two dozen cupcakes sounds really good!
    I wish I could have had one. =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could send some through the interwebs, I would! lol

      Delete
  2. My brother and I had a discussion about cilantro today. I really love cilantro and so does he, but our mother loathes it. It seems like I heard somewhere that it's a genetic thing that people either love cilantro, or it tastes like dish soap to them. I could also be making that up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ina Garten said something about how you either love or hate cilantro. There is no middle ground. I don't know if that's true -- but I am strongly on the hate side!

      Delete
  3. Anytime I make desserts for parties and there's leftovers, I leave a ridiculous amount of them behind. Too many cupcakes in my house is dangerous...but yours sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if these were brought somewhere I would insist they kept the leftovers! I can only pawn so much of my food off on other people when they come to my apartment, though. lol

      Delete
  4. I wrote this post last week about how magnesium supplements have helped me with my migraines... have you tried them? Here's a link to my post: http://bitinglife.com/2012/05/21/benefits-of-magnesium-supplements/

    ReplyDelete