Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Friday, March 23, 2012

Rotini with Eggplant and Sausage

Ever have one of those days when you just need some pasta?

I'm generally all for eating healthy.  I like my fruits and vegetables.  I think kale is the bee's knees.  Sometimes, though, you have a day that requires it ending with a large amount of carbs.  Preferably accompanied by some wine.


Last week I had one of those days.  I was feeling under the weather and had trudged through a long day at work.  When I got home I wanted something quick and substantial for dinner.  My go-to quick dinner is a large salad (with all the refrigerator fixings) but this was not a salad night.  I needed something different.  I needed some pasta.


I make something like this pretty often.  I boil up some pasta and then throw in whatever vegetables I have on hand.  Pretty much any vegetable will work in this.  It's also good with a little marinara sauce thrown in.

Rotini with Eggplant and Sausage


Ingredients:


Pasta
Sausage (I used pre-cooked sun-dried tomato and basil chicken sausage)
Eggplant
olive oil
parmesan cheese
salt/pepper


Directions:


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Slice and chop the eggplant and drizzle with oil.  Season with salt and pepper.  Roast the eggplant for 20-25 minutes.


Meanwhile, boil pasta according to package instructions.  


Combine the pasta with eggplant, cooked sausage and parmesan cheese.  

6 comments:

  1. What a delicious looking and super simple recipe! Love this. Thanks for sharing! Also, I’m having a great giveaway today with four potential prize winners, so you should enter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thank you for the heads up about your giveaway! I will definitely stop by and enter :D

      Delete
  2. Eggplant is fabulous in anything, but especially yummy with pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make something similar but I use brown rice spaghetti...so good. Eggplant is a great addition...


    Hope you are having a fantastic weekend so far!

    ReplyDelete