Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Friday, March 23, 2012

Rotini with Eggplant and Sausage

Ever have one of those days when you just need some pasta?

I'm generally all for eating healthy.  I like my fruits and vegetables.  I think kale is the bee's knees.  Sometimes, though, you have a day that requires it ending with a large amount of carbs.  Preferably accompanied by some wine.

Last week I had one of those days.  I was feeling under the weather and had trudged through a long day at work.  When I got home I wanted something quick and substantial for dinner.  My go-to quick dinner is a large salad (with all the refrigerator fixings) but this was not a salad night.  I needed something different.  I needed some pasta.

I make something like this pretty often.  I boil up some pasta and then throw in whatever vegetables I have on hand.  Pretty much any vegetable will work in this.  It's also good with a little marinara sauce thrown in.

Rotini with Eggplant and Sausage


Sausage (I used pre-cooked sun-dried tomato and basil chicken sausage)
olive oil
parmesan cheese


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Slice and chop the eggplant and drizzle with oil.  Season with salt and pepper.  Roast the eggplant for 20-25 minutes.

Meanwhile, boil pasta according to package instructions.  

Combine the pasta with eggplant, cooked sausage and parmesan cheese.  


  1. What a delicious looking and super simple recipe! Love this. Thanks for sharing! Also, I’m having a great giveaway today with four potential prize winners, so you should enter!

    1. Thanks! And thank you for the heads up about your giveaway! I will definitely stop by and enter :D

  2. Eggplant is fabulous in anything, but especially yummy with pasta!

  3. I make something similar but I use brown rice spaghetti...so good. Eggplant is a great addition...

    Hope you are having a fantastic weekend so far!