Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pet Peeve Wednesday


1)  My TV is out.  This means no Grey's Anatomy finale.  No How I Met Your Mother re-runs.  No Sheldon Cooper.  What is life?!  Luckily I have all seven season of Gilmore Girls to tide me over until the maintenance man comes.  I should thank my lucky Stars Hollow.


2)  Lately, I've been having these annoying episodes where I get the spins but without the fun drinking that usually comes before.  I know it probably has something to do with these delightful migraines that I've been having, but I would very much like it to stop.  The spins is bad enough after a night out, but at least you did something fun before.  These spins?  Not so much.

3)  You might remember that I watched the Les Miserables 25th Anniversary DVD earlier this week.  Nick Jonas is  one of the leads, and while I know it is a publicity stint to have a "big name", it still makes me want to dry heave into a potted plant.

4)  With the above said, I could not approve more of Ramin Karmimloo as Enjorlas.  I mean, just look at that face.

Now youtube him, and listen to his voice.  That face.  That voice.  You're welcome.

5)  I have the world's most sensitive skin and every time I get my eyebrows done it looks like I got into a street brawl.  I had them done this morning for graduation and my doorman full-on avoided eye contact when I got to my building.  I must look shifty with half of my face blown up to twice its normal size.

4 comments:

  1. I have been saying the same thing about #3 for over a year now. Well, not constantly, but whenever the 25th Anniversary performance comes up in conversation it is said. Also, thank you for #4. Just thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you are very welcome. But yeah -- Nick Jonas makes me cringe. Especially when he is singing next to Ramin.

      Delete
  2. I loved Gilmore Girls when it started, but then I sort of lost track of it for a bit and when I came back the guy the mom liked was a totally different actor.. I didnt like the new guy and lost interest in that show. Buffy however, rocks. Always. I love the WB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm...I am a Buffy fiend!! I'm assuming you know this already, though. lol I have to ask -- Spike or Angel?

      Delete