Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Friday, May 4, 2012

Crazy Kids

I just read the most disturbing article on HelloGiggles about the newest ways teenagers are getting drunk.  Forget raiding your parent's liquor cabinets.  Now teenagers are getting scarily innovative with ways to ruin their mind and body.  Here's a taste of what's in the article:
  • Drinking hand sanitizer
  • Soaking tampons in vodka 
  • Smoking nutmeg
  • Snorting bath salts
Um, can I get a collective "ew"?  Believe or not, I'd heard of the tampon one before.  It was brought up in my health reporting class, and had me crossing my legs real fast.  I mean, honestly, if you're sticking vodka soaked tampons up there because you are that gun-ho to get drunk, you might have a more serious problem than underage drinking.

Judgmental Blair Waldorf Face.

I really don't understand teenagers going to such extremes for a good time.  Maybe I was just a prude in high school, but none of my friends were snorting bath salts or smoking nutmeg.  Who even knew you could smoke nutmeg?  Was someone just like, "Hey, let's try smoking my mom's nutmeg.  It's pretty rad with pumpkin pie."

I don't get it.  A really good time for my friends and I were Friday movie nights with cookie cakes from Dominick's.  I never drank with them on the sly or snuck in some pot.  I don't even think I knew what pot looked like in high school.  The craziest thing we did was contemplate sneaking into a movie.  And we didn't even do it.  We thought about it.

With all the dangers associated with these radical ways to reach a high, I have to put out a general advisory and say it is NOT WORTH IT.  A few hours of fun is not worth risking your health.  So, don't do it.  I'm not going to get all D.A.R.E. on you guys, but just think twice before you stick a vodka soaked tampon up there.  The end.

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely no way in fuck I would have drank hand sanitizer as a child. My mother put the fear of god in me from a very young age. I think its so sad that parents are so scared to punish or discipline their children these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? If I pulled anything like this my parents would have been on me in a second.

      Delete
  2. omg that is all horrible! I saw the hand sanitizer thing on ABC news earlier this week but I've NEVER heard of the tampon thing, how do kids even come up with this??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about the tampon thing in class and then the article. It is crazy!!!

      Delete
  3. So nauseating...hand sanitizer? Really? I mean what on earth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? I can't imagine even thinking up half of these.

      Delete
  4. I am actually dry heaving over my work laptop. Kids these days...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't even know. I'm only 21, so it wasn't that long ago that I was a teen and I didn't do any of this. Never even contemplated it.

      Delete
  5. I don't get it. A really good time for my friends and I were Friday movie nights with cookie cakes from Dominick's. I never drank with them on the sly or snuck in some pot. I don't even think I knew what pot looked like in high school. The craziest thing we did was contemplate sneaking into a movie. And we didn't even do it. We thought about it.
    pakistani suits online wholesale ,
    wholesale salwar kameez ,

    ReplyDelete