Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend Shenanigans

So it has definitely been awhile since I have posted. This is Jen by the way if you haven’t figure it out yet. I have been super busy with sorority recruitment but we have some beautiful new women meaning more fun stories and awesome cooking nights!

In honor of the new Sigmas I made a batch of peanut butter cookies but shaped them into my sorority letters! My roommate enjoyed them so I figured it was safe for me to put them on this here blog.

IMG_3535

IMG_3536

Above it my lovely roommate Kelley or Kell-ay! She’s holding a piece of the cookie which sadly broke but it just tastes just the same!

After baking, I took a trip to see my boyfriend who goes to grad school about 45 minutes away. For the remainder of the weekend we socialized with some of his high school friends, I went shopping and drank some delicious Pinot Grigio.

The Pinot Grigio was leftover from this amazing dish the boy made me. Flounder with a Wine sauce. He is definitely a better cook than I am. But I like to think I can bake better so it’s the perfect combination :)

IMG_3495

The fish has a side of mashed potatoes with garlic and butter. The wine sauce was absolutely amazing with red onion, diced tomatoes, garlic and some basil. If I could have extra sauce on the side just to eat I would but I’m pretty sure it would taste better with fish or chicken.

By far one of the best fish meals I have had!

Unfortunately reality is calling as well as homework so goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment