Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuscan Zucchini with Onions

I am a champion talker. Some people brag about being able to type 100 words a minute. I can speak 100 while relaying a bunch of really useless information.


I have a knack for it, the pointless story. I love telling them. Whether my friends love listening to them is still up for grabs but I like to think they at least admire my stamina.

Despite my chatty nature, though, I am awful at small talk. Like, I am really awful. I'm listen-in-and-wince awful. I never know what to say and when the awkward silence settles I panic and say the first thing that comes to my mind.


It is usually embarrassing. Nonsensical. And just prolongs the awkward silence, thus making me say more embarrassing and nonsensical things. Vicious, awkward circle. I'm a bit better if I'm anywhere near food because all I do is stuff my mouth and nod now and then. Problem solved!

Tuscan Zucchini with Onions


2 zucchini
1 onion
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp basil
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop the zucchini and onion and spread on the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle on the different seasonings. Toss. Roast the vegetables for 15 minutes, until the veggies are tender.

5 comments:

  1. I love chatty people. Mr P can talk until the cows come home. I think its kind of fab :D.
    Great dish, simple, but full of lots of good flavour.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd much rather listen to your stories than useless small talk anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the exact opposite...I can make small talk but ask me to tell a story without stumbling all over myself? And I'm quite a mess.

    Maybe we can switch?

    ReplyDelete