Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cranberry Sauce

There are many good things to say about dorm life:

Community

Dining Halls

Elevator boys

Not even elevator boys, though, can redeem my dorm from the pesky nuisance that is the room below me. This room has a girl who happens to plays the violin. At all hours of the day and night. For the past two nights I have been woken up at midnight by off-tune scales.

I will feed my irritation with a holiday classic.

Cranberry Sauce

1 lb fresh cranberries
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup water

Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let cook for 5-7 minutes until the cranberries begin to pop.

Take off heat and let cool. The finished cranberry sauce should still be a bit chunky. I generally eat it cold, but that just may be a weird eating habit of mine.






3 comments:

  1. I LOVE homemade cranberry sauce. I like to put a clementine in there too! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel like i need more cranberry sauce in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sauce looks great! I've never made that before!

    ReplyDelete