Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Ever hear this? In my experience, it's true. Tell a guy that you cook and suddenly you're the most interesting person in the room. Tell them you cook bacon; well, you might as well just get those marriage certificates ready.

I honestly don't understand the mystical power that bacon seems to have over guys. Saturday I had my housewarming party and I had an entire menu planned with a variety of foods. I had hummus with veggies and pita chips. Gorgonzola and cherry tomato pizzettes. Chickpea and sundried tomato pizzettes.

Do you know what I ended up whipping another batch of half way through the party? The bacon wrapped asparagus that I decided to make fifteen minutes before the party started. The guys were literally obsessed with these. They finished an entire platter in ten minutes.

Therefore, I think that old adage of how to get to a man's heart needs a little sprucing up.

The way to a man's heart is through bacon.

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus

Ingredients:

1 package of bacon
1 bunch of asparagus
Salt/Pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Clean the asparagus, and break the stalks.


Next, wrap half a slice of bacon around the asparagus, leaving the tips and bottom visible. Arrange on a baking sheet and sprinkle salt and pepper.


Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the bacon is cooked and asparagus tender. Serve at room temperature.

1 comment: