Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Surveying the Holiday

I'm officially done with finals and also on the countdown for my 22nd birthday which is the 20th this month! And despite all the testing, I really wanted to do this survey that I saw Julie post on her blog. So here we go!

25 Questions: Holiday Style

  • Eggnog or hot chocolate?

Hot chocolate. What girls doesn't love chocolate?

  • Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Definitely wraps them with coordinating wrapping paper to represent whose gift is whose.

  • Colored lights on tree/house or white?

Always white. It's always been a tradition in my family to put both white lights on my house and on the tree. I think it makes everything look so elegant.

  • Do you hang mistletoe?

Nope but that won't stop me ;)

  • When do you hang your decorations up?

Always the week after Thanksgiving.

  • What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

My grandmother's shrimp cocktail.

  • Favorite holiday memory as a child?
My family always took a trip to downtown Chicago to look at the Christmas tree and walk the sidewalks looking at the window displays.

  • What is on your Christmas wish list?
I'd really like a Vera Bradley travel bag. It can also double as a gym bag which is perfect.


      • Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve?

      Yes, we always open a few which are usually from my grandparents who come over for Christmas dinner.

      • How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

      Ornaments (fun and traditional) , garland, lights :)

      • Snow? Love it or dread it?

      I like it up to the point when it turns into a blizzard then it is a little much for me.

      • Real tree or fake tree?

      I really like the look and smell of real trees but my family personally uses a fake because when we had a real tree it fell and broke a bunch of my mom's ornaments from Germany.

      • Do you remember your favorite gift?

      I think one of my favorite gifts was my diamond earrings I got from my mom.

      • What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?

      Spending time with my family.

      • What is your favorite holiday dessert?

      I love my mom's cookies, I think my favorite would be the almond crescent cookies! SO good!

      • What is your favorite tradition?

      Christmas music while hanging the ornaments on the tree,

      What tops your tree?

      An angel.

      • Do you prefer giving or receiving?

      I love giving them, especially when they are exactly what they've been wanting.

      • What is your favorite Christmas song?

      The First Noel, I'm biased though because Noel is also my middle name. I'm a Christmas baby :)

      • Candy canes, yuck or yum?

      I don't like them on their own but they taste delicious when you you them to mix your hot chocolate.

      • Favorite Christmas movie?

      I am a huge fan of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

      • What do you leave for Santa?

      We used to leave cookies and milk but we've stopped doing that for a while.

      • Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?

      We would always rush downstairs, put on the Christmas music and start opening presents.

      • Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?

      I like shopping online because retail stores are insane around the holiday season!

      • Christmas letter or Christmas card?

      Cards!! I love getting cards from everyone.

      1 comment:

      1. This was so much fun to read!!!! Happy Holidays and happy upcoming birthday!

        ReplyDelete