Mission Statement

Culinary Adventures in a College Kitchen

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Gorgonzola and Cherry Tomato Pizzettes

I recently started an internship at a local Public Relations agency. First off, I absolutely love it. Every day I feel like I'm at The Office. I nearly expect to run into Michael Scott on my way to the bathroom. Find Jim Halpern at my desk. (I wish.)

The office is one El stop away from my apartment, so in the mornings I just hop on the El and make the short walk over. On the way back, though, I have more time and usually walk the entire way back to my apartment. While walking back yesterday, I encountered one of my biggest pet peeves.

Window shoppers.

Window shoppers are those people who sstrrollll down the street with absolutely zero regard for everyone else around them. This always baffles me because my office is not in a touristy area. It's in the Loop, where people are supposed to be all business. They are supposed to walk fast and with purpose. Or at least that's how I think they should walk.

Clearly I should move to New York. I bet they have fast walkers there.

On a completely unrelated note, I made these pizzettes a few weeks ago and they were pretty fantastic. They were made for the infamous housewarming party and were a hit! If you make these, look over the recipe a few times before going to the store. This will hopefully keep you from buying the wrong type of pizza dough like me.

Gorgonzola and Cherry Tomato Pizzettes

Ingredients:

1 package pizza dough
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
5 oz gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup basil, packed (chopped)
salt/pepper

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch. Using a round cookie cutter (or the mouth of a cup) slice the dough into circles. Place on a greased cookie sheet and press the cheese into the surface gently.

Add the tomatoes.

Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the bottom is golden. The cheese melt a bit into the crust-that's okay!

Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh basil. Add salt/pepper. Serve!


Source: Giada's Family Dinners

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that you are enjoying your new job. Its so important to love what you do. I love your little pizzettes, they really are darling! I wonder how many i could scarf down in one sitting....
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little afraid to admit how many I could..lol

    ReplyDelete